Welcome to my blog!!!

Welcome to my blog!!!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Star and Star

My last experience of horseback riding was reassuring. I had just finished a year of college that was filled with obstacles, frustration, and doubt. With that said, I needed real "me" time.
It was a few years ago when I first started my relationship with horses. Thanks to a great friend of mine, Terry O. He taught me his way of understanding these wonderful animals. Like the F words that have to come in order; Fast, fair, firm, and friendly. This will build respect between you and the horse. This surprisingly works for my kids. HA!
One of the other many things I have learned though Terry O and horsemanship, is to always remember where your belly button is, your center. If you ever get into a "pickle" with your horse; if he kicks, runs, or does anything that you cannot handle, you need to know where your belly button is. You pull the rains tight and turn them into your belly, it works!
So, all of this horse philosophy has helped me many times in life.
When the Spring semester was finally over, I did not know what to do with myself. I facebooked, cleaned closets, took naps, read novels in a day, and developed cabin fever. That is when I had my Epiphany and called my Terry O.
I put on my sexy (borrowed) cowboy boots, Levi's, and took off on a horse who shares my name. I could imagine that her red stocking where a blaze of fire, and I was for a moment untouchable. I kept remembering where my center was. This is something that people do not always do. Not just to ride a horse but, to know who you truly are.
I am Star and I know what centers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment