Welcome to my blog!!!

Welcome to my blog!!!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Letter to my teacher

July 3, 2010

Dear Laura Darrow:

This class experience so far has been challenging, yet I have been able to grow as a stronger student. The assignments you gave us has taught me more of an advanced way of writing compared to anything I have ever learned before from my previous English 101 class. I know how to construct an essay so that it contains more of an intellect, rounded structure, and of my own opinion.

In English 101, I learned how to write an essay through research, citing sources, and the basic thesis statement. I did well in that class so I felt confident enough take English 102 online this summer. I felt over challenged immediately because of the overwhelming homework and not quite understanding how to write a more advanced college level paper that you require. I am very thankful for your participation to help us along through your web-cam post, power point presentations, and handouts. I felt at a loss at first, not knowing if I was ever really that good with English because of how bad I did on my first draft on essay #1. I could not understand how to separate an analysis and summary. If it were not for you allowing us to submit a rough draft, I would not have been able to receive an “A” grade on essay #1. I will continue to strive for communication with you and receiving help from tutors to obtain a good grade in this class.

The reading you gave us is enlightening to a horrible and ongoing issue in our lives today and throughout our history, war. The information I have gained through these readings in immense compared to what I have ever known. I have always avoided this topic because I know that it is a twisted way that the government uses to gain control and money. Now that I have read personal experiences from soldiers, I have a new passion to spread more love and peace to our country. Thank you for giving me a new inspiration.

Sincerely,

Starlotte Green

No comments:

Post a Comment